And Then There Were Two
British Open Sunday
- I feel like I am living in the pages of a golf history book. What a day awaits golf fans.
- Chamblee and Lerner are a perfect match for NBC. Completely immoral and incompetent. In the ten-minute changeover window, Chamblee and Lerner mentioned Tiger Woods at least four times almost immediately. I stopped counting and changed channels.
- Saddest part of this week’s golf coverage? Each day when Faldo and Gannon ended their early coverage and passed the baton to NBC.
- Can’t wait for more color analysis from Johnny Miller today: “The ball is in the air. Now it is bouncing on the green. Oh, he got a hard bounce there. It’s rolling past the hole. It’s not horrible, but it’s farther away than he would have liked. He won’t be pleased, but he could have done worse.”
- Win or lose today, Jordan Spieth’s pursuit of Jack Nicklaus will be THE story for the next 25 years. He’s wisely keeping himself healthy and avoiding short-term gimmicks.
- I’m loving the new nickname for Spieth: America’s Golfer. Fits like a glove.
- If Jordan wins today, it will mean Lanny H will be sending a Make-Me-Pay check to St. Jude Children’s Hospital this year. Go, Jordan!!!