- Well, I was for Spencer Levin, so of course he falters. He’s still in it, but so are a dozen or more others, including Bubba. Tournaments have a way of rescuing themselves, and this one really needs it. Maybe Day can make a run. Might be fun to see him clean up in the playoffs. I always like to see Bubba win, but he’s not usually the guy I am rooting for when a tournament starts. I do like how he’s turned into a true “pro” the last couple of years. He’s solid. (Of course, when he’s hopelessly out of it, he loses focus, but I can relate to that.)
- I was reading some of the CBS golf section comments just now, and, man, they are depressing. Were they that bad all year? In an article about Jordan Spieth, I think half the comments were about Tiger Woods. And then there were the “How can Rory go to No. 1, when he didn’t even play? That’s stupid,” comments. As if a baseball team can’t take over first place when they don’t play, but their opponent loses. It’s really not a difficult concept.
- I wonder if my comments look as bad to other people as theirs look to me.
- My intolerance for such must be a sure sign it’s football season. I need a break. Golf is all about the majors, and, for whatever reason, these playoffs look more unnecessary than ever.
- Porter had an article about Spieth changing the model of Titleist irons he uses. What is it with these guys? They become number one and want to change their clubs.
- I pull for Jordan like mad, especially this year after he won the Masters. He’s a class guy and the situation with this sister is so inspiring; I have nothing but praise for him. However, I can identify a little bit more with Rory: poor kid whose parents worked two jobs, etc. If they come down to the last day of the last event, playing for the top prize and OWGR #1, I think I would be for Rory, but I’m never sure until such an event arrives.
- I do know this: If one of them wins the Masters next year, I’m for him to win the Slam!