It’s 2015, and it’s time the golf media opened its eyes.
- Rory McIlroy is firmly entrenched at #1 (and is playing this week in Abu Dhabi)
- Henrik Stenson is #2 (and is playing this week in Abu Dhabi)
- Rickie Fowler, American, is #10 (and is playing this week in Abu Dhabi)
Maybe, just maybe, you should be giving Abu Dhabi more coverage than the still three-weeks-away
Waste Management Phoenix Open. And, even if you insist on writing and talking about the Phoenix Open so prematurely, take note of the highest-rated Americans in that field:
- Bubba Watson (#4)
- Jordan Spieth (#9)
- Rickie Fowler (#10) (did I mention he’s playing Abu Dhabi this week…)
Other OWGR factoids:
- Patrick Reed who was uniformly mocked by the golf media for saying he thought of himself as one of the top five players in the world is currently #15 with a bullet.
- Brooks Koepka is now two rungs above Tiger Woods.
- Seven Americans are ranked higher than Phil Mickelson.
- SevenTEEN Americans are ranked higher than Woods.
- Dope fiend Dustin Johnson, who has been on suspension, is ranked above Woods.
- In the past four years, Rory McIlroy has won more majors than the combined Americans in the OWGR Top 50!
I hope the media enjoyed Mr. Reed’s win last night. He looked resplendent in his trademark red and black, didn’t he?